Hello! Hello!
Twas anotha busy week in the Saug! Blessings <3
Our friend Noel got baptized! He speaks mostly Spanish. It was really cool to work with him and the Spanish members in our ward to teach him. A good chunk of the lessons we've had with him have been in English.... because I don't speak any Spanish... but everytime we met with him, was amazed at how much Noel understood from the previous lesson, and how well he connected the dots.
Noel was truly prepared to recieve the gospel of Jesus Christ into his life because there is no way, under normal worldly circumstance that he could have learned and retained as much as he has from 2 English speaking sisters if it weren't for the spirit. I have a firm testimony of the gift of tongues. I know that the spirit speaks in all languages!
2 Nephi 32:2-3
Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost? Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.
2 Nephi 31:13
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism—yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel.
That is the only way we were able to teach Noel. We have built a really close friendship with him. The Holy Ghost knits hearts together, no matter what languistic or cultural differences we may have.
The rest of our week was kinda a slog, all of the people we were consistently sharing glad tidings with either got baptized, or stopped talking to us. So we're on the hunt for the elect, the people ready and searching for truth. I think we're doing a lot of preparing the soil for the upcoming carrot harvest right now ( see season 1 ep. 8).
In my interview with my mission president this last week, president Stacey asked me "who is Kathryn Court?" And I've been thinking about that since then.
Who am I? Right now I'm a missionary, but I haven't always been a missionary, in fact there was a time when being a missionary wasn't even on my radar. Who was I then? I was a university student studying child and youth care, things that intrigued me and helped me understand my relationship with the people and world around me. But I wasn't always a university student either. I went through all the things that I have ever identified with... I haven't always been a basketball player, I haven't always been a big hiker. I'm the oldest of 5 kids so, in this earth life, I haven't even always been a sister.
But, I have ALWAYS been a daughter, I was born to goodly parents and, I have always had a father in Heaven even before I came to earth. And He knew what facets would make me, me. He knew what experiences, what hobbies, what people I was going to need to help me remember who I am and who I can become. But through every sibling born, every ball game played, every mountain hiked, every roadtrip driven, and every class learned, I have always been His daughter.
Kathryn Court is a daughter of God. And thats really the only thing that matters. Everything else is a branch from that one divine and eternal truth. There have been times in my life, like all of you im sure, that in an effort to find out who I was, I spent too much time chasing a trailhead, or bouncing a ball, or studying a text book, and not enough time chasing Heavenly Father and His plan for me. I am grateful to be where I am today, and that I have an undeniable testimony of who I am and where I am meant to be right now.
Remember who you are. You are a son or daughter of Heavenly Father. And you are destined to be a king or a queen in the eternities. I know that each of you is a child of God. And I want to invite each of you to ponder who you are, what is your divine identity? Are you destined to achieve a higher, holier potential? I promise you that the answer is yes!
I love you all many bunches! Go give the world heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Weekly fridge Phrases!!
♡I'll go where you want me to go dear lord, over mountain or plain or sea
♡we don't have to earn grace. Grace is free. -elder Ackerman
♡He's walking round 2 with us, because He's already walked it before. -Hermana Scotty girl
♡I'm grateful for the fiery darts in my life -sister Ommen
No comments:
Post a Comment