Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Jan 2: Welcome to the Weekly Ep. 6 Rainy day hot chocky miracles

Hello hello! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

An update on my friend Reza I found last week.... we had a great restoration lesson with him but he's YSA so we have to refer him to the YSA missionaries. I'm a little sad Sister Hoy and I won't be able to keep teaching him but he's been found which is a miracle in and of itself and I am so excited to follow along with his journey if he chooses and has the desire to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

For new years eve my district got together and had a hot chocolate stand.... in the pouring rain.... I'm telling ya pooouuurriiinnnng. Not many people were out at all, but let me tell ya prayer is real yall. We made the mistake of not starting with a prayer. After that realization I quickly rectified our mistake, we said a prayer, and I was then extra determined to be an effective missionary and talk to all the lovely souls who were brave enough to be out in the rain. And ya know what? The lord blessed me with the glorious opportunity to meet Naan, originally from Italy who has a beautiful testimony that we all came from the same God. I gave her a book of Mormon which she is so excited to read! Got her contact information and will meet with her this week! BLESSINGS! I was also blessed to meet Ria, a 90 year old lady from Finland who has only been in Canada for 2 days! She was having a frazzled evening, trying to get to know the Etobicoke area and could not find who she was looking for. She was so so cold. I got her a hot chocolate and for the next little while we just talked.... well really she talked and I listened. But she needed a listening ear, she needed someone to show her kindness in this strange new place, she needed to hear that God loved her, that I loved her. She didn't have any contact information, and didn't really understand my being a missionary. But she understood prayer. So before she went on her way I asked if I could pray with her. "Right now?!" Yep right now! So we prayed, I prayed that God would look out for her, that He would show her his love in this crazy new place. And when I said amen, Ria looked at me with tears in her eyes and told me the rest of her day didn't matter anymore because this moment made it all better, that she knew God was watching her. Oh my lanta my heart pours out to her, as much as the rain was that day! God Bless Ria!

I'm learning so much from my companion and the sisters I live with! 

Sister Hoy, my comp is an amazing example and so experienced. Her knowledge of the scriptures amazes me. She is humble and knows how to teach so simply. She has been a blessing to have as a trainer!

Sister Salmon is such a joy. Her love of the gospel and testimony of how much it has changed her life is beautiful. Her bubbly smiley demeanor is contagious!

Sister Burke is wonderful at showing her care to those she teaches. She talks to everyone without hesitation, and she is diligent and obedient!

I am soaking up every piece of advice, every insight, every example set. I appreciate them an immense amount and am grateful to them for their love and their devotion. What absolutely lovely missionaries, and beautiful daughters of God they are!

Some other highlights:
-finished the Book Of Mormon on New Years Day!!🥳
-went to Dundas Square Down Town Toronto... I've never felt like such a small town gal in my life... everything enthralled me
-saw a racoon on the sidewalk on the way to comp study one evening.... he was not doing too well :(
-saw the lone ranger in the subway station.... I didn't know he was from the GTA.... also didn't know he wore joggers.... but I don't blame him they're probably more comfortable than wranglers🙃 

Thats all I got for ya this week! Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!!

Love,
Sister Court 

No comments:

Post a Comment