Monday, January 16, 2023

Jan 16: Welcome to the Weekly Ep. 8 finding the carrots in a world of weeds

 Hello hello!


Oh my lanta! Another Monday! 

First of all I want to testify that the strengthening and enabling power of the atonement is real! AND it is sufficient to fill my soul to the fullest it can be and more, when I first fill it as much as I can with my faith, diligence and gratitude. ♡2Nephi 25:23♡ I know this without any doubt, and saw this principle manifest its truth in my life this week. 

The weekend I had that was so full of worry after receiving news of my grandpa's stroke vs. This last week was like night and day. In my bedtime prayer that night I again poured my heart out to Heavenly Father, giving away all the worry and filled my heart as much as I could with gratitude and faith and promised I would be a diligent missionary through the week. And the parts I couldn't fill myself, He filled with the love and grace of my savior, to the point that my heart was filled to the brim and more. 

So this week I heeded to the petition I made with my Heavenly Father and went to work just like every other week. 

We had a really great Zone conference this week that sent Sister Hoy and I away feeling really motivated to get more member involvement in missionary work going in our area. The Etobicoke ward is amazing and takes care of us! We really are so blessed! However... ward council and ward correlation is pretty much nonexistent. Sister Hoy and I set some goals to invite members at every lesson we have with them to pray for someone to share the gospel with. And let them know that we wanted to follow up, and help them share the gospel with that person in any way we could. Its a work in progress but our lessons with members have been more purpose focussed which has brought many blessings. So we are looking forward to following up and working with those members! We have also reached to our relief society president for names of sisters we can visit and call. Ward correlation is another work in progress.... but we'll get there! 

On that note, I invite yall to ponder how you can be better member missionaries! How can you be more involved with missionary work? Who can you share the gospel with? How can the missionaries in your ward or area help you? Reach out to them! Connect with them! Feed them some lasagna or something!

Finding, finding, finding is the theme of the week. I have talked to many many people in various ways. We taught some good lessons this past week, and have some promising lessons set up for the upcoming week.

 Facebook finding is such a rollercoaster. It's great for reaching those who are uncomfortable, or too timid to have a conversation in person, but oh my lanta have I talked to some interesting people. It feels an awful like weeding a garden. I'm looking for the carrots, but I'm pulling up a lot of surrounding weeds to get to them.

 Sometimes you pull up a carrot and it's not ready and needed to keep growing. And then there comes a point when you're messaging the weeds, hoping they are actually carrots, that you realize they are in fact not ready to be carrots and just want to cause a problem or maybe want to just stay a weed. It's then that you just gotta turn the soil over and move on to the next row of carrots and weeds. 

The great thing is that now that those rows have been weeded, in theory they should be tilled and ready for the next gardeners of the Lord to work through and find the carrots! Maybe some carrots that weren't ready when I first did the weeding, but will be ready later in the gardening season. Luckily the Lord's  gardening season is longer than just the short summer months. 

Hehe, I think my Grandpa and Grandma Forsyth as well as my Grandma Kaye will get a giggle out of that analogy :)


Anywho... thanks for reading! See yall next week for the season finale of Welcome to the Weekly. That's right! Transfer numba one is almost done!

Love ya all many bunches! Go give em Heaven!
Love, 

Sister Court 









No comments:

Post a Comment