Hope yall enjoyed last week's pilot episode! And I hope yall are ready for episode 2!!
After saying goodbye to the sibs and enduring an ugly cry session sister sister, Tansley Kaye, Mama and papa bear and I headed out on our pre-MTC roadie to Salt Lake City. The stretch of the world through Montana into Idaho is super oober pretty with a snowy foothill, rocky landscape. Eeek God's world is so pretty. We took a pitstop in Helena to go see the Helena Montana Temple construction sight. How glorious it was to see the Lord's work being built and brought to pass before my very eyes! BLESSINGS!
We arrived in Salt Lake City at my uncle Scott and aunt Terry's mid evening, and had such a fun time catching Terry up on all the happenings. Oh my lanta, uncle Scott is a carbon Copy of my Grandpa Rex! It had me chuckling quite a bit. Scott came and sat right down beside me, pulled out his computer, put his glasses on the end of his nose, and began to show me all sorts of pictures and stories from when my great grandparents met through the years that my grandpa grew up..... just like grandpa Rex does! The next morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes and could have sworn I was at Rex and Bet's! And to top it all off Scott insisted that we pose for a picture and proceeded to close windows and flip switches to get the lighting just right. I don't think I've ever seen a more grandpa Rex thing from someone who wasn't Rex!
The MTC is everything I wanted it to be and nothing like I expected it to be! And I'm loving it! It's so great to be with my companion Sister Davis and the rest of our district in person! It is such a unique and blessed feeling to be in a place where everyone is learning about the gospel and striving to get closer to Christ! BLESS! Every day is so jam packed and I'm soaking it all up, it feels so good to be learning!! And studying!! I thrive in that environment, and I missed that this fall, not being back at university. Of course this is learning that I'm receiving in large doses and accelerating in because of the spirit that is present. It's a much different feeling than studying for university classes. I just feel crazy excited every day to know more, to share more! BLESS BLESS BLESS!
On that note I gotta tell yall about the physics of Jesus!! *refer to the pretty little diagram in the pics* I was learning about the fall of Adam in one of my classes and my teacher sister Orton said that because Adam and Eve chose to partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil we all fell. But we needed to fall to be able to gain a body, and move forward and progress in this earthly life.
Okey dokey, this is where sister court's brain gets all nerdy. Are you ready for the crazy physics?? I know you are, because it's so good! Alrighty, here we go.... picture this: a ball starts at one point on top a hill accross from the other side, which in order to get on top of has to exceed a much higher point than where it currently is. When it gets pushed and rolls down the hill it won't have enough momentum to exceed its origional height going up the other side of the hill. In order for that ball to get to the top on the other side, there must be an external force acting on it to give it enough energy to make it to the top.
Get this! You are the ball, I am the ball, we are all the ball! Because of the fall, we have rolled down the hill and are making our way up the other side as we live through this earthly experience. But we have not gained enough spiritual momentum just from the Fall to make it back to Heavenly Father. So how on earth are we supposed to exceed the height we started at before Adam and Eve partook of the fruit?! We are imperfect! We make mistakes! We shouldn't be able to keep going up! There is no earthly way that we can make it by ourselves, and yet we can! How!? Oh my lanta do I have a spoiler for you!!!
It's because of our savior Jesus Christ. He is the external force we need to get to the top of the other side! To get back to our Father in Heaven! It is because of His atonement that we can come unto Him and overcome all of our sins and keep gaining the spiritual momentum we need to exceed this earthly experience, learn from that earthly experience and keep on rolling up the hill! When we claim the power of the atonement in our lives with faith in Christ we can defy the laws of physics!! And my dear people that thought excites me a great deal if you couldn't tell.
In another class we were discussing having meaningful prayer experiences and Elder Isom shared a thought that I love that I want to share with you! He said that when he was struggling, really having a hard time someone reminded him that christ was there for him always like a best friend. So Elder Isom started closing his prayer saying in the name of Jesus Christ, my best friend, amen. And it made his prayer feel so much more personal and I love that so so much. So I invite you all this week as you pray to make it personal! Heavenly Father loves you so much that he gave you His son to be your very best friend!
We played volleyball and bump (which apparently is called lightning by literally everyone in the states) as a district this week. Sister Davis is so cute, she's not into the sportsing thing but she tries and loves to just be there to watch. She says I take on this alternate sister Court personality when I put my shorts on and toss my hair up, and I just look so hyped and in my element it's almost comical to her because she has only ever seen me as a sister missionary.
The elders have started quizzing me on how I say words because it has suddenly clicked that I'm Canadian and they heard me say sorry. Apparently I say it funny. "So-rry" instead of "saw-ry". And now they have it in their heads that Canadians talk funny and don't actually speak English. It's an entertaining time for sure.
Oh my lanta that was a long one today! A double feature if you will.
I'll let ya stop reading for now but tune in next week, it's bound to be a gooder!
Alrighty love ya all many bunches! Give em Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
No comments:
Post a Comment