Hello hello!
What a week it has been! A wonderful and busy week! And I love it!
I think I would just like to begin by bearing my testimony to you all of the Book of Mormon. I know this book to be true. I have been blessed in my life to experience so much joy as I feast upon His word as well as so much peace as I find myself and Christ in the Book of Mormon.
Mosiah 15: 16,18
16 And again, how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!
18 And behold, I say unto you, this is not all. For O how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that is the founder of peace, yea, even the Lord, who has redeemed his people; yea, him who has granted salvation unto his people.
I know that this book publishes the peace, joy, happiness, and salvation that is found in my savior and brother Jesus Christ. How grateful I am to have the chance to publish peace and joy, to invite others come unto Christ, and help them on their mountainous journey to salvation.
I have been blessed with the most amazing MTC district and companion! District 10-M is where it's at! My companion, Sister Davis is an absolute angel, and her and I have such insightful companion studies every morning! BLESSINGS! Classes with this group of missionaries hasn't failed to leave daily spiritual impressions on me. MORE BLESSINGS!
In one of my classes this week we talked about conversion time lines, and were invited to record a few events on our own conversion time lines. We then had the opportunity to share one of these events with each other. We had a great experience sharing a tidbit of our stories with everyone. At the end after we had all shared, Elder Purser, a member of my district piped up and expressed his gratitude for the things we had all shared because he now had another event to add to his conversion time line! Oh my Lanta, AMEN AND SAME! Because of this group of wonderful missionaries and the spirit present, I have another event to add to my conversion time line! I think it is so cool that each of us are on our own unique journeys to conversion and when we share our testimonies and experiences with others we may be helping them along theirs!
With that I would like to share an event from my very own conversion time line, and it happens to be the very first one that I can remember.
When I was maybe 6 years old, I remember sitting in a fast and testimony meeting in Coutts. Brother Verl Fyfe got up and shared his testimony, of what I can't remember, but as he did so he began to cry, and little 6 year old Kathryn did too. Not knowing why Bro. Fyfe was crying or why I was feeling such big things all of a sudden, I asked my mama bear to help me understand. She explained that Bro. Fyfe was feeling the spirit because he knew that the things he was saying were true and that he loved the gospel, and that i too was experiencing a witness of the spirit because in my heart I also knew them to be true. That stuck with me for a whole month, because at the next testimony meeting, little Kathryn Court felt all the big feelings again. With all the courage that a 6 year old can muster, I walked up to the pulpit and bore a simple testimony of my love of the gospel and Christ to the extent that a young brain understood. As I sat down the same man that a month ago had moved me so, stood up and bore his testimony on the faith of children.
I STILL LOVE THIS GOSPEL!
Thursday was American Thanksgiving and the MTC didn't hold any classes to allow for at home MTC missionaries to spend time with their families. Well I am obviously not American, and I don't live in the states so Thursday was just a regular day for my family with kids at school and people at work. It felt a little weird not to have a schedule of things to do all day. But I did have the opportunity to help my companion, mama Mando, the hot lunch lady with hot lunch at the school! So that was fun, and it was nice to get out of the house for a little bit. Mama bear and I ventured out on a short drive Thursday evening to chase a sunset, and oh my Lanta it was glorious!
I'm so excited to be at the MTC in person mid next week, but am so grateful for the chance to share this experience with my family!
Ok yall, I think that's everything from me this week! Love ya all many bunches! Go give 'em heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
No comments:
Post a Comment