While in Lethbridge today, I stopped in for a visit with my Grandma Paxman. Even though the visit was short and she really doesn't know who I am, I couldn't help but leave with a smile. There are somethings that are still very much grandma, somethings that dementia has not yet stolen. Like her absolute love of red hair. EVERYTIME James is with me for a visit she comments on how lovely his hair is, and it is a recurring theme for the visit. The other thing that is still very much grandma, is her positive attitude about everything. Dementia has yet to take her smile and sweet spirit. Oh how I love this women, and I miss the parts of her that have been taken from us. But I rejoice in all that is still grandma. How could I not leave with a smile on my face? Our ten minute visit totally made my day.
sweet!
ReplyDelete~Have a lovely day!