We picked our first cucumbers on June 30 and we just ate our last one a couple of days ago. That's three months without having to buy cucumbers.I've been eating green beans for supper for weeks on end and I froze some for the winter AND I gave buckets full away to friends.
And then there are our tomatoes, they just go on and on. I have already made all of the salsa that I need for the year, and I've hardly made a dent in our tomatoes. I've also made green tomato raspberry jam and spicy tomato jam, both of which I plan on making more of, and the rest will be made into tomato sauce and canned tomatoes...here's hoping I have enough jars.
As I picked the rest of our tomatoes today and they just kept coming, and coming and coming(as seen above) I was overwhelmed with gratitude and the scripture from Malachi kept running through my head "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10
All that is left are the carrots, and those will likely be dug next weekend. As I looked over my harvested garden I was filled with joy. This sight, the sight of my garden freshly harvested, brings me as much joy as the creating of it and the beauty of it in all it's summer glory.



No comments:
Post a Comment