Sunday, August 25, 2013

Super Mom, or so they say.

I have to give a huge shout out to my amazing kids. We went camping this past week, just me and the kids We packed up and drove 5 minutes or so down the highway to our little prairie oasis, Goldsprings Park. The weather was perfect for hanging out on the newly improved beach, which we did every day, all day long. I met a number of people who were amazed that I would go camping with five kids all on my own. Then they would find out that we were in a tent and not a trailer, and their jaw would hit the ground. "Why would you come out on your own, with a baby, in a tent?" some would ask. "It just what we do, not usually on my own, but we've always done it this way, since I was a kid."  Then they would tell me I must be super mom, or something of the sort. If I am super mom, it's all because I have super kids. And I'd tell them just that. I couldn't do it if they weren't so awesome.
When it was bedtime, they went to bed, they helped with the dishes, they helped with the baby, they helped with the meals. It wasn't all perfect, we had a few rough moments, like our last night, when we got back to the tent late and there was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth from three of the five kids, and I am sure our new neighbours were super glad to see us pack up and leave the next day...it's too bad they hadn't been there the nights previous to see just how good my kids really were. We had a wonderful get away, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, or next summer for sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment