Thursday, August 29, 2013

Peaches on a prayer

So yesterday, while I was in Lethbridge, my local grocery store called to tell me that if I didn't order peaches by noon, I would likely be out of luck all together. I didn't get the message until 4pm. Somehow I had missed the case lot sale, and somehow I seemed to have missed the entire peach season without realizing it. It might have something to do with being busy with a 6 month old and 4 other wonderful children. Whatever the reason for my absent mindedness, I was desperate to find peaches because I only have 5 jars left on my shelf. While in Lethbridge, I had checked out several grocery stores, but nobody had cases available. And then I got home to this message. I was very disappointed. Somehow I had to find some peaches, even if it meant just buying some by the pound. I love canned peaches and I couldn't imagine going a year without any. Last night I asked Heavenly Father to somehow make available some peaches for me to can.
This morning when my little grocery store called to tell me that my cases of pears were in and that there was an extra  20lb case of peaches available if I wanted it. I said I'd take it and felt grateful that Heavenly Father had answered my prayer. 20lbs is better than none, even if it isn't anywhere close to the 80lbs I usually put up. Little did I know that Heavenly Father wasn't finished answering my prayer. Just moments ago, I checked my email and found an email from my fruit lady that I always buy apples from in the fall. The email told me that peaches would be available one last time.I thought I had missed her peaches altogether when her previous email said it was the last chance for peaches. I was giddy as I sent an email back with my order for 3 cases of peaches. Not only did Heavenly Father answer my prayer for "some" peaches, he made sure I could get ALL of my peaches. I feel so incredibly blessed and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment