Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A Walk with James - Just Write #4

Today is a beautiful day. After days of hardcore rain, I was excited to get out of the house for a walk in this gorgeous weather. So I packed up a lunch and James, Ella and I headed out for a walk at noon-ish.
Everytime we came to a corner I let James tell me which direction we should go. Because I had no destination in mind it didn't matter where we went or how long it would take to get there. Along the way we stopped at watch a plane fly overhead, we found part of a beautiful blue robin's egg, plenty of rocks and dandelions and a few green "caterpillar leafs" (I don't know what makes a leaf a caterpillar leaf, he just picked some leaves from a lilac bush and told me they were caterpillar leafs) and lets not forget splashing in puddles left over from the past few days of rain.
We stopped and had lunch on the lawn of a local business. James decided to be a superhero and save the birds on the street...by scaring them so they would fly away. Thank goodness he was there to save so many birds! When we eventually reached the grocery store we went in and bought a treat. By this time Ella was awake and getting hungry, so I had to tell James that we needed to head home. I was pleasantly surprised when he just accepted it and we walked the direct route home. We arrived home at 2:30pm.  What a wonderful way to spend my afternoon.


View Walking to the grocery store with James in a larger map

Starting from 2 Ave NE
1 Head west on 2 Ave NE toward 3 St NE
2 Turn left onto 2 St NE
    Stop in Alley for much needed potty break for The Boy
3 Turn left onto 1 Ave NE
4 Turn right onto 3 St NE
5 Turn right onto Centre Ave NE/AB-501 W
6 Turn left onto 1 Ave SE/2 St SE
   Stop for lunch
7 Turn right onto 1 St SE
8 Turn right onto Centre Ave NE/AB-501 E
9 Turn right onto 1 Ave SE/2 St SE
10 Turn right onto 1 St SE
11 Turn right onto Centre Ave NE/AB-501 E
12 Turn left onto 2 St NE
13 Turn left onto 1 Ave NE
14 Turn left onto 1 St NE
15 Turn right onto Centre Ave NE/AB-501 W
Arriving at Riverside Market
Total: 2.2 km - about 26 mins  1hr 45 mins

To head home
1 Head East on Centre Ave NE/AB-501 W
2 Turn left onto 4 St NE
Arriving at home
Total: 750m - about 10 mins 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment