Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Treasures

Oh how they all spoil me! On Saturday Daniel brought home these beauties.

The kids made me pancakes and chocolate milk with a side of strawberry apple sauce and brought it to me in bed. Then they showered me with precious home made gifts. The one that made me tear up was one of Kathryn's. She had painted some rocks a pearly white and wrote on each one a reason that she loves me and then she put them in a pretty velvet bag. Her own idea, her own creation and so very special.  Kathryn had also made me a necklace at a church activity as well as a "Mom and Me" journal where we can share our thoughts and ideas with each other and leave it on the pillow of the other to read. Tansley gave me a treasure box that she had painted and inside she had put some precious treasures, pretty beads, a dandelion, a bracelet she made and a "Super Mom" badge. Along with all these gifts were a myriad of home made cards. For me, these are the gifts that mean the most. I don't need anything fancy from the store. These simple gifts created from the heart of my children express their love for me in a far greater way than anything that any factory can produce. I get all teary just thinking about it.
 And then they sang me this song that Kathryn wrote.

I had to be to a meeting before church so I printed off these Mother's day questionnaires for them to fill out while they were waiting. Too much fun. They did some for the grandmas too.
From Kathryn, age 9 1/2
From Kymberly, Age 5(almost). Kathryn wrote out the answers for her.
From Tansley, Age 7

As requested here is a translation of Tansley's
My Mom is 35 years old.
My mom weighs 32 pounds.
My mom's favorite colour is Green.
My mom's favorite food is Pancakes.
My mom always says "I love my kids".
My mom cooks the best spaghetti.
My mom's job is sewing.
My mom laughs when I smile.
If my mom had time, she would love to read outside.
My mom and I like to play.
My mom really loves to sew.
I love my mom because she is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Please please translate that last one for us - these are so fun to read. And I bet you didn't even know half of those answers - lol

    ReplyDelete