The boy is boy through and through. He loves dinosaurs and he loves to roar. When Daddy comes home the boy will roar in greeting, and daddy will roar back, and then the boy will roar, and then daddy will roar...and it goes on and on. I love it. He also loves trucks and anything with wheels. He lines up his little ones all in a row. It cracks it me.
There was no question as to what we would be getting him for his birthday. Saturday was his actual Birthday. We let him open one gift but because Daddy was going to be at work all day, we had decided to save the cake and other gifts until Sunday when we would celebrate with family. We gave him a super sized mega blocks set that came with a couple of cars. He likes to play with the mega blocks, but the cars were his favorite part. He put them down for anything.
On Sunday, I let the kids choose what gift to give him first, they gave him the gift with the dinosaurs in it...I should have thought that through a little more and made sure that he opened the books first(a dinosaur book and a truck book), he loves books, but not as much as he loves dinosaurs. After he opened the gift with dinosaurs he was in heaven and he didn't care what was in anything else.
![]() |
| Little dino's lining them up all in a row. |
![]() |
| No thanks, I've got my dinosaurs. |
he dropped the dinosaurs and was in heaven all over again. See that green button on the cab? When you push it it makes all kinds of truck noises. My dad finds great pleasure in buying noisy toys for his grandchildren. He figures it is his duty to make sure that we, as parents, get to "enjoy" all that he and mom "enjoyed" as parents.
Check out his birthday cake
I think it is appropriately boyish, don't you? It was all edible except the trucks and the little Lego guy. Sometimes I simply amaze myself.
When it was bedtime, he would not go to bed with out his two big dinosaurs. And just now when I put him down for a nap, he had to have them. What a crazy kid.









That is a SWEET cake, I need to make something like that for Colin's b-day.
ReplyDelete