Tuesday, November 15, 2011

He loves me

I was sick with a 24 hr bug Saturday night all day Sunday. After the kids were in bed on Sunday night I was craving brownies or chocolate chip cookies something fierce, but wasn't feeling up to making them. Daniel tried to satisfy my craving with a Caramilk chocolate bar. It was good, but it just didn't have the texture I was carving to go along with the chocolate.

Monday are Daniel's day off.  He went out to run a few errands. When he came back he started acting a little funny. He was messing around in the kitchen, asking if canola oil was the same as vegetable oil and rummaging around in the cupboards. After awhile I sniffed out what he was up to. He was making brownies. For me. He never bakes. The only thing he cooks is Mr. Noodles(the girls call them "Dad's famous Noodles") and Macaroni and Cheese. While he was out he had picked up a brownie mix and a container of chocolate frosting. He tortured the girls and wouldn't let them have any when they got home from school. They just sat there on the counter in all their chocolate glory until after they had gone to bed. Then he and I sat and watched WWE Raw and ate the brownies right out of the pan.

I love it that he loves me enough to bake me brownies.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a wondeful start to eternity....

    ReplyDelete