Sunday, October 9, 2011

A mini getaway

For our anniversary, Daniel arranged for us to go on a mini getaway. He likes to plan these sorts of things and not tell me about anything. I just have to go along for the ride, and the ride is always a blast.

the only pic I have of my cool hair
On Friday after the kids were done school we packed them up and dropped them off in Lethbridge at Grandma's house. Then Daniel took me down to Zaks hair salon where he had booked me in for a cut and colour. I decided I wanted to do something fun. I had Roxanne add some fun red chunks. I loved the result! What I really loved was that she understood me and the fact that I wasn't likely to be in again in 4-6 weeks to have it touched up. So she suggested that we but the colour in places where it wouldn't be too noticeable once it started to grow out. So I have a chunk of red in the back on the left side that you can see when I have my hair in a pony tail(and lets be honest, this is most of the time) and another chunk of red just under the surface on the right hand side that you can see when I pull it back just a bit. I discovered why I don't have this done professionally very often. I sat in the salon with my hair in various stages for three and a half hours!!! It killed me to be doing nothing for all that time. Who has that kind of time to sit in a salon? And then of course their is the cost factor. I simply don't have $100 to spend on my hair every 4-6 weeks. But all in all the experience was wonderful and I love the end result.
Looking up at the B&B
Doreen and Brian with June
Seven Sisters
After I was done there we headed out to the Crowsnest pass to a gorgeous B&B called Sasky Mountain B&B. The hosts(Doreen and Brian) were wonderful and the food was fabulous. They had also left in our room and plate of chocolate dipped strawberries and a card to congratulate us on our 10 year anniversary. We can't wait until we have time to go and spend two or three nights there!! And we will definitely be returning. We spent the day in the Crowsnest pass exploring new possible camping and hiking destinations for next summer.
When the day was drawing to a close we headed to Lethbridge for a fabulous dinner at the Keg. We then picked up the kids and headed home.
Crowsnest Mountain

It was a great little getaway. I love my hubby, he is simply awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! What a great getaway! Happy anniversary.

    BTW, we were looking at land up there by Werner, and wondered where church was? Is it in Milk River? Someone told us it is in Couttes...that is a while to travel if it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun. I love that you guys make time to get away together.

    ReplyDelete