Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kathryn's Creation

It's possible that I may be rubbing off on my oldest daughter. It is also possible that I may encourage it. She has started her own little fabric collection. When we are out shopping she sometimes drools over fabric much like her mother has been know to do. When she has a little money she'll buy a fat quarter or two. For Christmas last year I bought her a real sewing machine, the Janome Sew Mini. It's a fabulous little machine, just right for beginners.

When we were in Wal-mart the other day she saw this fabric that she just had to have. She bought it and asked me If I would help her sew a pencil case. Today I finally made time to help her, one day before school starts.
She sewed the entire thing all on her own. I just sat and supervised and gave direction. She did so great. She has really improved since our last sewing session. She is much more patient and so much more careful to make sure the lines are straight.
Here she is with her finished pencil case. She did such an awesome job. Yeah, she takes after her mother.

2 comments: