Monday, January 17, 2011

some interesting numbers

Kathryn,
Birth - 8lbs 2oz(75th), 21.5" tall(95th) (growth chart for girls)
12 months - 20lbs 15oz(50th percentile), 31" tall(98th percentile)

Tansley,
Birth - 8lbs 10oz(90th), 20.5" tall(above  75th)
12 months - 23lbs 1oz(80th percentile), 30.5" tall(90th percentile)

Kymberly
Birth - 10lbs 13oz(well above 95th), 21.25" tall(95th)
12 months - 22lbs 10oz(75th percentile), 30.5" tall(90th percentile)

James
Birth - 9lbs 9oz(95th), 22" tall(above 95th) (growth chart for boys)
8 months(less one week) - 21lbs 8oz(90th percentile), 30"(well above 98th percentile)


When I look at my boy, it is hard to believe that my girls were about this size when they were1yr. I know he's  a big boy, but he doesn't really seam that big...unless I have to carry him around for awhile. It's hard to picture something this size walking around...maybe that's just because he isn't anywhere close to walking. He simply refuses to put any weight on his feet. He doesn't even crawl yet. I LOVE it. I can just sit him down on the ground and he just stays there. He's so much like Kymberly that way.....which might mean that he won't walk until he is 15months....How big do you think he will be then? I remember carrying Kymberly around...she was a solid kid at 15months....she was heavier than she looked.

2 comments:

  1. Those numbers are really fun to look at, what a big boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mandy, you make me laugh! His pedigree indicates 'big' things in his future! Good luck with the not walking thing - some kid's don't though - Ginger didn't walk until she was 18 months. We thought she might be crippled or something and took her to the doctor just after a year because she absolutely refused to ever put any weight on her legs. When she was picked up she looked like she was sitting still - no way was she going to 'stand'. There was no physical reason, only a very strong minded kid - she did it her way when she wanted to but she talked in short sentences at 10 months!lol each kid is so fun

    ReplyDelete