Monday, May 13, 2024

May 8: Welcome to the Weekly Season 13 Ep. 1 Anotha Aussie Daughter Sitting by the Fire

Hello! Hello!

London YSA is incredible. The members here are so involved! If there is an excuse to get together they do. It's a ton of fun. Opening the area has been a grind. It's been closer for a few transfers so there are zero people to teach right now. My new companion, Sister Coulson is fabulous. She is from Australia and she is everything! I love her with all my heart. We laugh all the time! We can go from laughing to having a meaningful conversation about Jesus in 0.7 seconds. We are working so hard together! I'm excited for this transfer! 

I haven't been this tired & stressed since the beginning of my mission. This go around, it's different because this is godly weariness and stress. 13th transfer sister Court is a very different person than start of mission sister Court. In the beginning of my mission, I thought I had to grit my teeth & just get through it. Now I know that there is a difference between going forward gritting my teeth & pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ. 

I'm tired but God gets me through each day. Everyday I get to be a missionary is a gift. And you only get so many. I'm stressed but I'm getting the hang of things & helping Sister Coulson get the hang of things. Another thing thats different from baby missionry sister court is that now I'm not trying to do those things alone. I understand that it's really Jesus Christ that helps us get the hang of things. 

When Sister Coulson has a question or there is a moment of discouragement I do my best to point us to Jesus Christ in all things. He is the answer for everything AND the reason we have all the answers for all questions. 

Sister coulson is doing AMAZING. It's a little tough right now as we are rebuilding the area & trying to talk to as many people as we can so we can fill our currently dry teaching pool. There are some cool successes, but a lot of the fruit that I think Sister Coulson expected to see coming into the mission isn't immediately prevelant. She's a hard worker. She's trying new things, & has amazing ideas for this area. She has so much fire. It's a tad discouraging when that fire doesn't spread to others around you. 

But, I know that it will as we continue to be diligent. You can't build a roaring fire with just kindle. You gotta keep feeding it things to burn. We've talked a lot about personal conversion and developing faith so we can have faith in Christ on behalf of those we meet until they have the opportunity to build that faith themselves. Feed our own fire to spark it in others. Then keep giving them opportunities to feed their fire (if they so choose) until its roaring like ours. 

In the meantime, Sister coulson and I will keep feeding our fires and making our after nine time microwave smores to keep us sustained. Hehe 

I want to invite each of you to build you faith fire. Don't let it die out because you're only giving it kindling. Toss on an all night log and let your fire burn, keep adding and adding. Your campfire of faith will get you through everything! I promise!

I love you all so many bunches. Go give them Heaven!

Love,
Sister Court

P.s. I don't have any pictures of myself. Apparently I've been delinquent at taking them so enjoy these random ones instead...

Weekly Fridge phrases!!!
♡Death is a gift given to us from god based on a choice we made long ago to even come to earth in the first place -Bishop LaFrance 
♡Judgement shouldnt scare you it should inspire you, you will have a one and one interview with jesus christ - Bishop LaFrance
♡He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment