Hello! Hello!
It's been a good, but long week. The Mandarin sisters are gone & suddenly we have so many more people to teach that we've never met and are trying to get ahold of. Which is so exciting! But we don't speak mandarin, not even a little. So this is a fun little spelunking trip. (Because we're exploring something we've never done before, and it feels like it's fun, but also maybe a little crazy at the same time. Anywho....)
We have 4 friends preparing to be baptized and we are so excited for them to make that first promise with God! Kiera and Andre are well on their way! Our friend Noel scooters to church because he wants to find his own way there. And our friend Sammi, well he is just fantastic! He comes to every lesson with a specific question he wants answered. And his story is just miraculous. God can do his own work, he has shown that time and time again.
But you know what?
Sometimes I think, as a missionary I forget that God and Jesus Christ are in the details of the details of our own lives. I know that this week I did.
This list making sister has been a little scattered the last week. I fell back into living by the list and less by the Lord. And I have felt the difference. I am focused too much on finding time to do all the things for all the friends, & forgetting that God's got it. He knows we can't do it ourselves. That's why He's there.
In my studies this week I read an article titled Balancing What Does Matter Most (linked below) And was reminded that true balance is made possible when 100% of our focus is on our relationship with Jesus Christ. This means we need to spend intentional time with Him & our Father in Heaven, and need to commit to each moment.
I then pondered how I can commit to the moment, and read the talk Focus on Jesus Christ as well as studied the word sincerity. I read Eph 6:24 & that talk, & came to the conclusion that we need to leave space for God's grace in our every moment. We can commit to the moment by trusting in God's grace, which is Jesus Christ. This means ALWAYS trying to learn & ALWAYS moving forward with sincere & intentional focus on Jesus Christ.
As I've studied for the people we are teaching, I've learned more for myself than I have for them. From the talk The Imperfect Harvest, which I studied for our friend Andre, I was reminded that "our best is good enough & the grace of a loving savior will make up the difference in ways we can't imagine." That is the covenant we make with God when we are baptized, to ALWAYS remember Him so that we can ALWAYS have his spirit to be with us, and if he didn't keep that promise, He wouldn't be God.
So if I may, i'll flashback to season 2 ep 2 of this adventure.... we need to breath. Breath and be intentional, breath and trust, breath and focus of Christ, breath and let it go into God's hands.
I want to invite all yall beautiful people to focus on Jesus Christ! I know that he is he answer to everything. Focus on Christ and go give them Heaven!
Love,
Sister Court
Here are the Weekly fridge phrases!!
♡"compare myself more to Jesus Christ than I do to others" -a good friend
♡what you know is less important than what you do with what you know.
♡"rely on God to get me ------------------------------------------------------->there" -elder Ackerman
♡"the Lord's work will only work if we all do it together" -Bryan from sauga ward
The things I studies this week! 10/10 recommend!
Balancing What Does Matter Most
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ya-weekly/2023/05/balancing-what-does-matter-most?lang=eng
Focus on Jesus Christ
The Imperfect Harvest
No comments:
Post a Comment