Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like you have really failed as a mom? Yeah, me too. Today my cousin posted about such a day on Facebook and in the comments my aunt posted this little tidbit of advice.
" Now tell us all something you did right too. Please!? Good for you being able to admit a blowout, now can you also admit the opposite? That helps keep us sane - just knowing if we did something, anything at all worth while. And if you can't think of what it is, think of what all these loving family and friends might say it was - we all know you did many good and right things too."
This struck me right in the heart. These were words that I needed to heart too. And I need them posted in my house. ..everywhere, to remind me that even on the crappiest days, I've done at least one thing right. It is so easy to focus on the negative, on our failures and forget to acknowledge all the things we have done that were good and kind and uplifting.
So I'm posting this here so I can always find it and hopefully don't forget it. And I Plan to make an effort to also post something that I have done right in the same post that I write about things I have done wrong. ..balance is key.
Have you read the blog post called "drops of awesome"? If not you HAVE to.
ReplyDeleteHave you read the blog post called "drops of awesome"? If not you HAVE to.
ReplyDelete