I laughed at them and told them they could go right ahead. I had simply thought that we would show up unannounced and take him away, but the kids had something bigger in mind. So we made fake mustaches and beards, and they came up with their accessories and a plan. They would put a paper bag over his head and tie up his hands and we would "throw" him in the back of the van. When we entered the store, we all went different directions so that we would come at him from different angles.
Tansley took his cake to his office and left it on his desk. James ran up to him and roared really loud "scaring" him, and Kathryn came up behind him and put a pillow case over his head(we forgot the paper bag and scarf to tie him up with, but happened to have a pillow in the van), and he was successfully captured and taken to our awaiting get away vehicle. We were terrible at keeping our identities a secret as we kept accidentally using our real names in conversation. I think he may have been on to us. We headed down to Indian Battle Park and set up our portable BBQ and did up some home made burgers(which I neglected to take a picture of, but they were amazing!).In our haste to get on with the kidnapping, we neglected one very important part...the giant slurpee from 7-11. So our poor hostage didn't have anything to drink with his delicious hamburger, but he would survive. The weather was terrific and we enjoyed a delightful fall afternoon at the river bottom. And it is very possible that they kids had way more fun than dad did through the whole kidnapping event. They kept commenting on how AWESOME it was.We then took dad back to work and surprised him with his cake at work and left if for him to share with his co workers. However somehow that entire cake ended back at home...now who is going to eat all that cake? Somehow I think there are a few ruffians that will be able to take care of the cake problem.
After we took dad back to work we headed back down to Indian Battle Park to take advantage of the beautiful fall day and walk along the paths covered in crunchy leaves...and to grab a few geocaches. It was super hot, but I loved being out with the kids and was reminded as to how much I love spending time at Indian Battle Park. It may be the thing I missed most about living outside of the city. And yes, miss Ella is walking barefoot, you can thank her older sisters for that one...terrible examples that they are. What a great way to spend dad's birthday!







You guys are the coolest. What an awesome birthday.
ReplyDelete