Saturday, July 12, 2014

BBQ Cookies

So for the past few days Tansley has been asking if we could try to make cookies on the BBQ. So finally today we gave it a try. We used one of our favourite recipes from my 4H cookbooks that I know I have mentioned before, they are the best set of cookbooks ever! I believe I have hailed them as one of the best wedding gifts we ever got.

The recipe:
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix it all together

I'd like to tell how how long to bake them for...but we weren't very good at timing them. And likely your BBQ would be different than ours anyways. The first batch I put 4 old canning rings down on the grill and then placed the pan of cookies on top. But this was too hot on the bottom. they burned to a crisp on the bottom and the tops were almost right...but we had kinda forgot about them.
The second attempt, I turned down the temp on the BBQ and tried again, but again the bottoms cooked to quickly. So for the third and final attempt we put soup cans on the grill and then put the pan of cookies on top, and they turned out perfectly after about 8(ish) minutes.
It was a fun experiment and now we know that you can indeed bake cookies on the BBQ, and we'll probably do it again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment