Saturday, June 14, 2014

Excuse My Rant

I've been seeing this "inspirational" quote all over the place lately.
And every time I see it, it makes me mad. I don't see what is so inspirational about it. It really seems like a put down, a negative outlook on the human race. I won't deny that there are SOME people who this quote rings true, but, and this is just me and my own experiences, I find this to not generally be true. I have people thank me regularly for the ordinary things that I do, whether at the school, in church or at home. I feel like this quote is all about "Me" vs "Them". Like putting the blame on everyone else. Are we including ourselves in the "Them" group? Do "We" notice the things that "They" are doing for us? I like to think that I try pretty hard to acknowledge others for their ordinary efforts. However, I don't expect recognition for every little thing that I do, does the rest of the world expect a "thank-you" every time they do something for somebody else? If so...I think maybe you need to get off your high horse and start looking for all the things that are done for you by all the people you think aren't noticing what you are doing for them. Just saying.

End rant, thanks for listening. Continue on with your day.

1 comment:

  1. Haha....funny thing. When I first saw your post and read the little quote, I thought, "Hmmm....I don't really like that thought very much..." and then thought it doesn't really fit my sister.....good thing I ventured to your blog to clear it all up.....now I KNOW it doesn't fit my sister. Justified rant. Continuing on with my day....

    ReplyDelete