Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Break? or Winter Break?

Yesterday, April 25 2014, The kids and I decided it was a beautiful day and would be best used doing a little geocaching. So we spent a couple of hours or so driving around the country side in search of treasure.



 Earlier in the week Kathryn and Tansley decided they wanted to camp out in the back yard and since the clothes line tent was already set up from our Court Easter gathering, they camped out in there.
The next night it was pouring rain so they opted to sleep inside as the clothes line tent isn't water proof. But the next day they got the bright idea to set up Kathryn's two man tent. So they had been camping in there. Last night, Kymberly wanted to sleep outside with Kathryn, I warned them that it would be a colder night and that there was a chance of rain. So they planned for the cold and took extra blankets and toques. After they had gone to bed I took a look at the forecast and noticed that they might get a little more than rain as there was a snowfall warning. At 5 am I was up to sooth Ella and cover her back up. She went right back to sleep. I looked out the window and it wasn't raining or snowing, so I thought maybe the girls would be off the hook. But when Daniel left for work at 8am he told me that it had snowed. I didn't realise how much snow until Kathryn came in in her bare feet because her flip flops were buried in the snow and she was getting boots so that Kymberly could come in the house.

 Nothing like doing a little winter camping during Spring Break

No comments:

Post a Comment