Monday, September 16, 2013

He wasn't done yet

Remember how I thought my prayers had been answered about my desire for peaches? Turns out Heavenly Father wasn't quite done yet.

After telling the story to a friend of how immediatly my prayer had been answered, I joked that maybe I hadn't been specific enough in my prayer, as I was paying fifty cents more per pound than what I usually do most years. But regardless I was incredibly happy to be getting peaches at all and so very grateful that my Heavenly Father was mindful of my and my needs/wants.

The peaches were to be delivered last week, but there was a hold up because the order was too large and couldn't all fit on the truck, so they decided to hold back the peaches. Today I received this email:
The OHenry peaches were not good this year, so Cross-Border Trading has searched for a different peach to replace the OHenry's. They try to find the best fruit available to bring in and after much discussion have found a peach to bring - I don't know the variety but it is "bigger and better" than the OHenry's this year. It will still be$28/case however the cases are 26 pounds (not 20 pounds) making the peaches $1.08/lb.
So now suddenly I have nearly an additional 20lbs for the same price. Bringing up the total amount of peaches that have been made available to me to almost 100lbs (which for the record, is the same amount that I try to put up each year) and for only about $20 more than what I usually spend.

Now there are some that would say that it is all just a nice set of coincidences, and how nice that it all worked out in my favour. But I know, without any shadow of doubt, that it wasn't a coincidence. My Heavenly Father heard my fervent pleading prayer for peaches. And though it was just peaches, and yes we could have all survived the year without having the luxury of home canned peaches, it was something that was important to me and my Heavenly Father is a caring and loving God and he saw fit to answer his childs prayer and make available "some" peaches...or in fact the exact amount of peaches needed/wanted.

I know my Heavenly Father loves me because he made sure I had peaches to put up for the year. Guess what? I know he loves you too. What do you need? Have you asked your Heavenly Father yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment