Monday, February 11, 2013

Little randoms about me

OK, so this was a little facebook dealy thing that you were to "like" your friends post and then they would give you an age to start with. It looked like a fun idea, so I liked a post and I got the age 24. I wanted to have it recorded here for me to look back on. If anyone else wants to play along on their blog, just leave me a comment saying so and I'll give you an age.


The year was 2000

I was: 24
I lived in: at my parents house in Lethbridge, AB
I was: Studying biblical Hebrew and Ancient Greek along with anything else that related to it at the University of Lethbridge. Dating and soon to be engaged to a great guy.
I drove: a little green geo metro named Lanny
I feared: the idea of not being able to finish my degree because the right class wasn't being offered the next semester.
I worked: 3 part time jobs at Bentley Leathers, Fanny's Fabrics, and marking beginner computer science papers.

Now
I am: 36
I live in: A house, we own, in Milk River, AB
I am married to: My best friend, and the man I have loved for longer than I'm willing to admit.
I drive: A dodge grand caravan
I fear: That I wont be able to teach my kids everything they need to know to make it in this world. Also that my doc wont see things as I do, and I'll have to be pregnant longer than just until this Friday, thus resulting in the delivery of another 10lb 13oz baby.(been there, done that, don't need to do it again).
I work: to keep a balance between being a somewhat efficient stay at home mom, having fun with my kids and finding time to be the woman I want to be.
I want to be: the coolest house in town. A home where others want to be, where my kids and their friends want to hang out at, and a safe place for anybody who needs a listening ear.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on your last point. Moving here has really opened my eyes to the importance of having that safe and comfortable place. Living in a small town has re-enforced the need for me to be that Mom who is willing to have teenage boys raiding the fridge, keeping hours of insane people, and having a revolving door.

    I love it!

    Your list is really fun. I enjoyed reading about you. (and how awesome is it that you took that in school?!) Learned some new things even. ;)

    ReplyDelete