I was perusing through a my Martha Stewart Living magazine, which for the most part I find completely useless(too many adds not enough interesting stuff). Any who, back to my story. I was flipping through and came across a picture of some tasty looking cinnamon bun-like things. But that was all there was, a full page of ooey gooey goodness.
 |
| from marthastewart.com |
But no recipe to be seen. Since I was looking for something else I kept flipping. And there it was at the end of the magazine, the recipe for
Cinnamon-bun Bites. I was inspired. But the recipe was to finicky for my liking. So let me share with you what I did instead.
Cinnamon Bun Bites
1/2 cup water
4 large eggs
1/4 sugar
2 tsp course salt
1/2 cup margarine
4 cups flour
1 tbsp bread machine yeast
I have a bread machine and I love it. I use it whenever I can, and since I notice that the amounts were kinda sorta the same as to what I use when making bread I decided to make my life easier and toss everything in my bread machine, use the dough setting and let it do the work.
 |
| In the pan and waiting to go in the oven. |
When the bread machine beeped to let me know it was done working. I took out the dough and kneaded it for awhile. I prepared a pie plate(you could use a 9x9 glass cake pan) by melting a little bit of butter(the real stuff) in the bottom of it and spreading it around. I mixed 1 cup of sugar and 2 tbsp of cinnamon in a bowl. I melted 1/4 cup butter(again the real stuff) in another bowl. Then I sat down at the table with my 4yr old daughter and we began making little balls and dipping them first in the melted butter and then rolling them in the cinnamon sugar and placing each one in the pie plate. When all the dough had been used, I drizzled the left over butter on top and sprinkled the left over cinnamon sugar on as well. Then I set them aside to rise for 30mins. They are now baking in the oven at 350F for 45min. Don't forget to put the pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet, otherwise all that ooey gooey cinnamony sugary stuff will drip onto the bottom of your oven and make a really big mess. When they are done I will use the
glaze recipe in the magazine to top them off.
Vanilla Glaze
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp course salt
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Stir together sugar and salt in a small bowl. Whisk butter, milk and vanilla and stir into sugar until mixture forms a smooth paste. Keep glaze at room temperature until ready to glaze cinnamon bites. Before using whisk until smooth.
I can't wait for them to be done!!!
 |
| All Done...now how am I supposed to not just eat the whole thing? |
YUM!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day!