Tuesday, November 9, 2010

S.A.M.M....even though it's now Tuesday

I meant to share this yesterday but I was awfully busy sanding and staining my shelves.

Once again this week I don't have anything exciting to share, but here is a recipe that we are known to use as a breakfast/lunch/supper meal frequently, I think we used it at least twice last week for supper.

Good morning Pancakes

3 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine, melted
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well. add milk, water, eggs, melted margarine, apple sauce and vanilla. Mix until blended, but still somewhat lumpy. Make delicious pancakes. My children also love it when I add a little food colouring to the mix, a trend that started when I made them this breakfast for Valentines day one year. We've had green, blue, pink, orange and yellow pancakes, just because it's fun to eat coloured food...or something.

For a little extra yummieness try making different "fruit whips" by putting 1 can of fruit in the blender and blending until smooth. You may want to add a little extra sugar to some fruit. As a kid we always had what we called "Peach Whip". Lately we have tried some other variations. Canned pears with frozen or fresh berries blended in. Apple sauce with canned pears and cinnamon, this was a huge hit with the kids.


As always I am linking up with my fabulous sister-in-law Mitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment