I was certain that when I took Tansley to her first day of pre-K this morning that I was going to have to stay for at least an hour. Last week when we went to the Meet the Teacher, she pretty much stayed right by my side. She is a little more cautious than Kathryn was at that age. But when I took her up to the school, helped her find the coat hook with her name on it, the assistant took her to play with some puzzles (one of her favoritest things to do) and she was good to go. When I asked her if it was OK for me to go, she just nodded her head with just a glance up at me. I had to ask for a hug and a kiss. I am so relieved that she felt comfortable and didn't need me to stay. I am excited for her to make some new friends. Now it is super quiet in my house. The TV is not on! And Kymberly is playing happily by herself. I'm going to love these 4 hours a day twice a week, I think Kymberly will too...nobody to boss her around, and nobody to tease her.
No comments:
Post a Comment