Thursday, August 13, 2009

it was just too much

one tired toddler

We were out side picking raspberries (notice the smushed one on the stair?), it was close to supper time, Kymberly was tired...extremely tired because she was up really late last night. I was trying to stretch just one more hour out of her. When we finished picking the raspberries I had to pick her up kicking and screaming to bring her inside. She refused to move from the back door. Just sat there screaming "OUTSIDE" over and over while I made supper. I tried to move her, but she would just go back and sit down and continue screaming. I tried to distract her, but she wouldn't budge. So I ignored her....and then there was silence.

Whats with kids and not hanging up their jackets? I put up hooks that are at the perfect height for them to reach, but they don't ever bother. I remember doing the same thing as a child. I wish I had room for a shoe shelf at my back door, but there's not, so the shoes are constantly all over the floor...or in a heap at the bottom of the stairs because tossing them down the stairs is still one of Kymberly's favorite past times.

5 comments:

  1. I feel asleep on the dinner table when I was 3 ... also in a fit because my mom made me come inside while she made dinner.
    Kymberly's spot looks more comfy ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a giant bucket or basket for the shoes. And I mean giant. If it's too small, it's too hard for them to look for the shoes w/o dumping it. You think you don't have room at the bottom of the stairs, but you have room for the pile of shoes, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that solution, the only problem is that the landing has a door on all four sides. a door leading outside, a door leading into the garage, a door leading into the kitchen and then the stairs that continue on to the basement. The landing is only about 4'X4.5' so there is really no room, the basket would always be infront of a doorway to somewhere. I've just learned to step over all of the shoes. The girls have shoe shelves in their closets, I just need to convince them that it is a good idea to keep them there, however since I haven't yet convinced them that it is a good idea to hang up their jackets...I don't think that will be happening soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm. That is a problem. Yeah, shoes and socks can drive you nuts. All over the house. I keep thinking that if we built a mudroom it would help, but really,then I'd have to convince everyone to always enter the house at the same door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha ha...that is such a classic pic.  Keep it forever and brin git out when she gets married!  :)

    ReplyDelete