Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Fun Summer Ideas

Here are two fun ideas for summer that have worked out so fabulously for us so far this summer.
First, I subscribe to this absolutely fun website(Allrecipes.com) that sends me recipes of the day, and one of those recipes was for BBQ pizza. I was curious to see how it would work, especially because home made pizza is so easy and yummy but who wants to heat up their kitchen in the summer. So I gave it a try and it was incredible!!  We all enjoyed it so much I would recommend this recipe to anyone. Next time I would add a little more water to the dough recipe, it was a little on the tough side, and we just used what ever toppings we had on hand.
Second, I read in an kids craft idea book one time about making a wind sock out of old ties. My brother Garth had bought a whole tonne of ties on ebay, which inspired me to go look on ebay for a bunch of old ties. I ended up winning a lot of 50 for a penny however shipping and handling was $24.99, big deal each tie cost me a whole 50 cents. Some were even nice enough to keep for Daniel. So today Tansley and I decided to make a wind sock. I took a sour cream container and cut out the bottom, and then we stapled the thin half of the tie on to it, all though some of the ties were thin enough to use both halves. Then I wrapped the thin end of one tie around where I had stapled and hand stitched it in place to hide the staples. Tansley was absolutely thrilled with the end result. She oohed and awed about how beautiful it was.
Displaying the other side of the wind sock

1 comment:

  1. I knew there was a reason I needed a grill . . .

    ReplyDelete