Could the weather have been any nicer today? I've been a bit obsessed about the weather for the past week. Last Sunday I did a count of how many people might be coming to Tansley's birthday party today, I needed to know how many hotdogs to buy, and to my slight astonishment I had invited 44 people (and three babies), add the 4 of us (and one baby), a total of 48 people (and 4 babies). I suddenly became concerned about the weather because we had planned to have the party out side in our nice large yard, if it was cold or raining we would have to move it inside, and although my house isn't tiny, it isn't big enough for 48 people (and 4 babies). So I've watched the weather forecast all week, and for most of the week it did not look very hopeful, and then yesterday it started to look up with a forecast of 18 degrees and a
chance of showers. This morning before church the forecast was still 18 degrees but partly cloudy! That looked good to me. And sure enough, we got that beautiful weather.
Kathryn and Tansley have been practicing musical chairs all week, because Kathryn told Tansley that it was a birthday game. They would set up a bunch of chairs and set their babies and stuffed animals on them and then turn the music on and circle around the chairs. When the music went off, inevitably one of the stuffed toys was out of the game. So the birthday party could not be complete with out a round of musical chairs. Much fun was had watching 7 children under the age of 6 trying to play musical chairs. Some how, the number of kids playing never diminished even though the number of chairs did. It became more like a game of "How many kids can we fit on a chair". But it was fun, and everyone got a prize.
Six dozen hotdogs, numerous salads, two cakes and a handful of presents later the day came to an end and our wonderful guests started to head back to where ever they had come from. Tansley was truly worn out and completely filthy, a good sign of a perfect birthday I think.
Mandy ... i "tagged" you on my blog again ...
ReplyDeletewww.kristajones.blogspot.com