Tansley has just come to me and said
Tansley: "Mom, I really want to go to Aunt Chrystal's house."
Me: "Oh honey, that would be fun wouldn't it? but Daddy has the van so we can't go to Chrystal's house today."
Tansley: "We could walk mom."
Me: "It is too far for us to walk sweetheart, it would take a long time."
Tansley: "But I want to play on the swings."
Me: "That would be fun, but we can't go today."
Tansley: "you use yellow stroller, it's fast."
I chuckled: "yes honey, the yellow stroller is fast, but it is still too far to run."
Tansley: "But I want to go to Chrystal's house!"
Me: "I know, we'll work something out one day and we'll go to Chrystal's house."
Tansley "BUT I WANT TO GO TO CHRYSTAL HOUSE NOW!"
Me: "I'm sorry sweetheart, we can't go today."
Just repeat the last two lines over and over and over for the next 20 minutes or so with Tansley increasing her tone in intensity and that is what is currently going on in my house. If only we could just jog over to Chrystal's house all would be well. Milk River to Barnwell that should just take...what? a day or two, if I jog the whole way? See you in a day or two Sis, we're coming over.....
This is the conversation I have with one, if not both of my kids everyday. However, our conversation concerns gramma Char or the cousins. In Canada. Three days drive.
ReplyDeleteSure, let's just jump in the truck ...
In my world it has become... "Man could I go for a slurpee... crap."
ReplyDeletehahahahhaa ... Moving to Milk River has all sorts of health benefits!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh..I'm so touched that she likes to play on the really old swings at my house...and that she has your health at the fore-front off all priorities...We'll have to make a play day happen now that the sun has started to shine again - and I'll meet you at Warner or something - not with my really fast stroller- but my van - and Dan drop you off in your van on his way to work- get the picture??
ReplyDeleteyes, that picture looks good, better than Tansley's. My stroller is fast...but as you can tell I didn't quite make it to your house. We'll work it out soon.
ReplyDelete